Thursday, May 7, 2009

In Memory of Guy Mascolo

Last night we lost someone really special in the Toni & Guy world and hairdressing industry. Guy Mascolo; 65, passed away in his home last night. Toni & Guy Hairdressing was founded in London over 40 years ago by Toni and Guy Mascolo, two Italian brothers who were later joined by their younger brothers, Bruno and Anthony and the international company has grown from a single salon into a worldwide concept with over 400 salons located around the globe.

He was an inspiration to so many. He was a wonderful hairdresser and very kind to all. I am thankful to have known him personally and I will never forget him. I will miss him pinching my cheeks every time I see him. He will be greatly missed by so many!!

Today is a very sad day at work. All of the salons, academys and offices are affected. We just had a moment of silence and we are going to have some sort of tribute for him tomorrow here at my building. I am still waiting on information for his funeral.

Please keep Guy's family & friends in your thoughts & prayers during this difficult time. Thank you!

No comments: